Owners of large and small businesses have probably heard the term "SEO" at least once or twice. But what is SEO, and why does your business need it to succeed? You may have a basic understanding of how SEO works, but it's essential to have a good, solid grasp of SEO's fundamentals and benefits to your business's advantage.
What is SEO?
To keep it brief, SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, uses different online elements, including keywords and content (think videos, blogs, infographics, social media posts, etc.) to increase your brand's website's visibility on a search page. Take Google, for example. When someone searches, only ten websites come up per page. Consumers are more likely to pick websites from the first page of search results, so you'll want to do everything you can to ensure your business is on that first page, or at least as high as possible. In short, the more people who see your website means more traffic to your website, which means more business for you!
But there are plenty more advantages to using SEO than just profits. Take a look at some of the best benefits of incorporating SEO into your digital strategy:
- Broaden Your Audience. Because SEO uses the keywords and information that consumers are searching for, it is a great way to broaden your audience and get new customers who are already searching for your products and services. In essence, it's an easy and the best way to reach your target audience. This is especially true for local businesses relying on customers from their community. Local SEO ensures that people in your immediate area see your business every time they search for your keywords, helping you build a loyal customer base.
- Builds Trust. SEO brings people to your business's website, so you want to make your website as beautiful, accurate, and user-friendly as possible to establish credibility on search engines. The more you build your website, the more trust you will gain with your existing and new clients.
- Understand Your Customers. SEO will also help you learn the voice of the customer, giving you data to help you understand even the smallest of market changes and customer intent. Search query data, analytics data, and AI insights provide this information in detail, giving you crucial information to help you tailor your brand's content and services to exactly what your target audience wants.
- Increase Engagement. As you perform SEO for all of the reasons listed above, your business's website and its presence on other digital platforms will have an increased engagement. SEO requires optimization of your website's and social content with relevant and exciting information in the form of backlinks, videos, podcasts, blogs, social posts, stories, etc. This is a surefire way to increase engagement, all because of SEO!
- Budget-Friendly. Compared to other digital marketing strategies, SEO is relatively inexpensive to perform and maintain in your marketing plan. Plus, the amount of business you will gain due to your SEO efforts will likely be exponentially larger than what you spend on SEO. Think of your SEO as an investment– the business you build will not only hold for years but continue to improve the more time, money, and effort you spend on it.
Mountain South Media is a full-service digital marketing agency from The Smoky Mountain News and Smoky Mountain Living magazine. We focus on providing services to small businesses in our region, finding unique strategies and plans to give them the desired results. Services include social media, website development, Search Engine Optimization, and more. Your online marketing specialist is just one click away!
Visit our website to schedule a FREE digital consultation, or call us at 828-452-4251 to get started!