Social Media Strategy for 2022
Social Media Trends Taking Off In 2022
It’s not too late to refine your social media strategy for 2022! In fact, with so many new trends emerging, now is a great time to implement some of the most efficient and creative strategies that marketing companies are seeing stand out among the rest. No matter where your digital marketing plan for the year stands, there are plenty of social media strategies that you can use to grow and improve your business.
Take a look at some of the best social media marketing tactics to add to your digital marketing plan in 2022:
- Set Realistic Goals. Try to set realistic, smaller goals for your business to meet. Building a channel with a million followers likely isn’t going to happen if you’re just starting on social media. Instead, start small, evaluate, and go from there. Some of the most popular goals that brands have include: building brand awareness, growing your audience, boosting engagement, and driving leads and sales.
- Target Audiences. Research your target audience so that you can better understand what they want, like, and what they’re influenced by. Remember, different industries will attract different demographics, so targeting a specific group of people will further your marketing budget.
- Platforms and Channels. Speaking of target audiences, you may want to take a look at and reconsider which social media platforms you’re using and what you’re putting out there. Different channels will attract diverse audiences, and each channel requires different kinds of content. For example, Facebook is best for putting out ads, and Instagram is best for engaging with followers and expressing your brand’s personality to the world. LinkedIn is great for more educational posts, especially if they’re very industry-specific or if you’re trying to network with other businesses.
- Video. Video, especially short-form video, is getting extremely popular with brands on social media. TikTok has been exploding worldwide, with more than 1 billion active users every month. Businesses can easily show personality while explaining their products and services without substantial production costs. Similarly, Instagram Reels has been gaining popularity as well. Other brands are rediscovering YouTube as a social media platform, mainly because it’s an excellent site for brands. And don’t discount live video options on Instagram and Facebook; studies show it’s one of the best ways to build a rapport with your customers while educating your audience about your brand and giving them shopping inspiration.
- Content. As always, make sure all of your social media channels have engaging and original content. Stick to themes — from your brand’s personality, color scheme, messaging, etc.– so that everything looks and sounds consistent, and show off your business’s “human” side to remind customers that you’re more than just a company. Stick to a schedule of posts, and post at ideal times to get the most engagement possible. And pay attention to time-sensitive postings, like stories, too: it’s an easy way for customers to interact with your page while keeping content fresh.
Let Mountain South Media take your digital marketing strategy to the next level! We offer a variety of services, including social, website design, search engine optimization, and more. Your online marketing specialist is just one click away! Visit our website to schedule a FREE digital consultation, or send us a message today!